As part of its on-going effort to provide guidance to the contractor community, OFCCP has posted two new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 503) and the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA). These laws prohibits federal contractors and subcontractors from discriminating in employment against individuals with disabilities (IWDs) and protected Veterans, and requires these employers to take affirmative action to recruit, hire, promote, and retain these individuals.
The Section 503 FAQ addresses the ways in which contractors may store self-identification information in compliance with the revised Section 503 regulations, and provides several options. The VEVRAA FAQ addresses how contractors may list jobs that are remote, full-time telework positions in compliance with VEVRAA’s mandatory job listing requirement.
These FAQs are available, along with other resources and guidance materials, on the OFCCP website at:
- VEVRAA FAQs are available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/faqs/VEVRAA_faq.htm
- Section 503 FAQs are available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/faqs/503_faq.htm
To learn more on affirmative action compliance regarding hiring Veterans and IWDs, we recommend reading:
- Veterans and Section 503 Updates: One Year Later
- Top Talent Requirements are Met When You Hire a Vet!
- The First Glimpse at New Regulation Enforcement
Berkshire will continue to monitor this situation and provide updates if they become available. For more information, please contact us at 800.882.8904 or email@example.com, or sign up to get notifications and upates.