Just in time for the election, the EEOC Commissioner positions are all staffed. Recently, the Senate confirmed Commissioners Sanders, Sonderling, and Lucas. There are now three Republicans and two Democrats on the Commission:
- Chair Janet Dhillon (R), serving since May 2019, term expires July 1, 2022
- Charlotte Burrows (D),serving since September 2014, term expires July 1, 2023
- Andrea Lucas (R), term expires July 1, 2025
- Jocelyn Samuels (D),term expires July 1, 2021
- Keith Sonderling (R),term expires July 1, 2024. Sonderling transfers from the USDOL Wage and Hour Division.
EEOC Commissioners generally serve five-year terms, however, since several positions have been vacant, the length of time left in the term is often less than five years when the candidate is confirmed by the Senate. This move ensures a Republican majority on the Commission until at least 2022.