To provide additional assistance to contractors, the Office of Federal Contractor Compliance Programs (OFCCP) has released a new course to the Contractor Compliance Institute that is aimed at federal and federally assisted construction contractors and subcontractors.
The course titled, Construction Compliance Review For Contractors, is a two-hour, self-paced course which includes five modules:
- Affirmative Action Responsibilities
- Participation Goals for Women and Minorities
- Legal Authority
- 16 Affirmative Action Steps
- Section 503 and VEVRAA AAP Requirements
And the course focuses on several key topics:
- OFCCP’s three laws in the context of federal and federally assisted construction contracts
- Applicable posting, listing, notice and recordkeeping requirements
- Participation goals for women and minorities on construction sites and how these goals are measured
- The 16 affirmative action steps as well as Section 503 and VEVRAA written affirmative action program requirements applicable to covered construction contractors
The course can be found at the OFCCP Contractor Compliance Institute website at https://ofccptraining.dol.gov/. This course and others are free and available to all federal contractors. Other courses available in the training catalog currently includes topics that focus on compliance evaluations, understanding expectations of compliance and affirmative action programs.